Thursday, July 12, 2012

Flat Tires

My brother asked me why I was getting so many flats. He explained that he has only had a couple flats in the last two years on his bike. I have not had that many flats either, which is why I thought my plan for two spare tubes and two patch kits would be enough.

There has been one main culprit for our flat tire problem - goats heads. They are a small thorn that when you ride over them they get stuck in your tire, sometimes they cause a leak right away and some times they seal, so that when you pull the tube off you find out there are multiple holes.

We have been told that we are leaving goat head country, but we got two more flats this morning.

In honor of leaving goat head country we have decided to have a goat head poetry contest.

My entry is entitled Joy of the Innertube Maker.

While cyclists may hate you
and call you a weed.
I am quite happily
spreading your seed.
For with each flat tire
and all that cycling woe,
I smile a slight smile and
watch my fat wallet grow.

Jay


No comments:

Post a Comment