Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A man who is crazier than us... No, really, much crazier.

A lot of people think that we are crazy for biking across the country, and during these last few hot days, I have been inclined to agree with them. But in Mount Vernon, Oregon, we met a guy who is much more crazy.

The morning after we biked from Prineville to Mount Vernon we got up and planned to bike a few miles before getting breakfast. We started out of the parking lot and realized that after biking over 100 miles the day before, we were hungrier than usual. Therefore, we decided to have our second breakfast across the street from the motel we had slept in.

After finishing breakfast, I went outside to check the tires and make a few adjustments to the bikes. As I headed back toward the front door, I saw a deer poke its head up right by the door. I noticed that it seemed to be tied into some orange bag.

I walked closer, and the animal stood up. It turns out it wasn't a deer, it was a goat that had orange bags on it. There was also a backpack sitting by the goat.

When I went inside, I asked the only lone man in the restaurant if that was his goat outside. He told me it was. It turns out he is walking with the goat across the country. It will take him nearly two years, as his goat does not seem to be in a hurry.

The only thing I can say in defense of his sanity is that he is doing it for a good cause. He is raising money for an orphanage in Nairobi, Kenya.

You can check him out at needle2square.com.


1 comment:

  1. That's crazzzzzzy cool! Wow, I still think you guys are nuts but this guy takes it to a whole new level lol

    ReplyDelete